comes without an installation program.
Just unzip the .exe-file and copy it into a location of Your choice, where You have the rights to write data
is NOT recommended!)
, because the app would not be able to write a database update into it. We recommend to make a directory like
"Smart ILS" in Your Documents folder and unzip the files there.
It is also recommended, to create a shortcut onto Your desktop or in the start-menu/Windows 10 tile.
- Launch SmartILS.exe
- (Maybe) confirm once a warning, that this is a unknown downloaded software
- Enter an ICAO code of an airport to search for ILS freuencies.
- Press ENTER or click "Find"
- The airport might exist, but has no ILS runways --> "No ILS Runway for ..." will be statet.
- If SmartILS finds runways that have ILS, it will report name, frequency, heading,elevation and the ident of those runways
- With the two buttons NAV1 and NAV2 You can put directly the frequency into MS FS´s radios while You have an active flight
- Checking "Set Active Radio" will set the active radio instead of the standby radio
- Checking "Swap Act/Stby. after setting swaps Active and Standby after the new frequency is set (buggy)
- "Check For updates" will check if there is an update for Your allpication or Your database (internet connection required)
- "Report Data" will bring You to this website´s data reporting page where You can report corrections
- "Homepage/Info" will bring You to this website
When "Check for updates" reports a database update, a new link labeled "Database update" will become visible.
Click this link and Smart ILS
will download the database update and install it.
You can compare the database version before and after at the window titel bar (DB-Version: x.x.x.x).
Update of the application via the download page
of this website.